Wednesday 23 July 2014

Art Gallery

It's my first year at my current school and there hasn't been an art co-ordinator so I've stepped into the role informally over the past couple of months and will be taking it officially from September next school year.

I thought it would be a nice way to finish the year by having a mini celebration of artwork that had been taking place in my classroom. During lunchtime, many children and staff came in and browsed with enthusiasm which was lovely to see. After school, many parents of children in my art club came to look. It was great to have their support!

On display was all of the work from my art club over the past half-term, the 3D letters from the activity afternoons and some artwork that my usual class had completed. Although on a small scale, the exhibition was a great success. Hopefully in the future it can be more of a celebration of the whole school in the main hall.

Thanks to children, staff and parents who came along.
DB.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, that's very kind of you to nominate me so thank you. It's nice to know at least one person reads this :) I actually don't really follow many new blogs (shame on me) so wouldn't be very good at accepting and passing on but thanks anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discovery the collection of great artwork at one place grouped by colors and theme. Visit artmight today.

    ReplyDelete