Saturday 18 July 2015

Goodbye CCJS and 'Happy' video

(by Sofia)

After a wonderful two years at CCJS, I can confirm that I shall be beginning a new adventure at a boys' school in Kingston in September. I'm obviously not going to go into my reasons, but it had nothing to do with my incredible fellow teachers, my class or the brilliantly supportive parents. It was virtually impossible to remain in control of my emotions through the day and I apologise for sobbing again outside in the playground! It just hit me then that I was saying goodbye to these children and wouldn't have them in my classroom again.

I'm not even sure how many (if any) people from my school even read this, but if they do, I'd first like to thank 4B. I count myself lucky to have had the privilege to teach such an amazing class of mature, insightful, kind and genuinely funny children. Even if I go onto teach for another 25 years or so, it's going to be quite a challenge to find a class that I enjoy teaching as much as I've enjoyed teaching you all.

Secondly, a massive thank you goes to the teachers and staff at CCJS who I've made close friends with. It's like being a part of an additional family and I know that over the years we will all still meet up and reminisce.

Lastly, a big thank you goes to the parents who have been so kind and supportive to me over the past couple of years. I've once again been completely overwhelmed by the generosity of my current parents. I have received heartfelt messages and incredibly thoughtful gifts. It is so humbling to feel appreciated and I will treasure everyone's words.

It is with a very heavy heart that I say goodbye, but I do hope that you continue to check out the blog and see what I get up to at my new school. I'll post a couple more things over the holidays that I didn't manage to post during term-time, but after that I expect a period with no posts due to fitting in at my new school.

I shall leave a parting gift that the children absolutely loved during the staff leaving assembly. I spotted some fantastic videos on youtube of American schools doing staff lip-sync videos and wanted CCJS to go out with a bang this year. With a lot of work and determination, I managed to put together this clip with the help of my colleagues. Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you on your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Brickwood. We miss you already! From Cerys and Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Mr Brickwood

    only just read your post regards leaving CCJS and it was a lovely message, we will miss you and shame the school had to loose such a talented teacher and dont worry we will follow you on your blog.
    good luck in the new school.

    Rohan & Rohans mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Mr Brickwood

    only just read your post regards leaving CCJS and it was a lovely message, we will miss you and shame the school had to loose such a talented teacher and dont worry we will follow you on your blog.
    good luck in the new school.

    Rohan & Rohans mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Mr Brickwood

    only just read your post regards leaving CCJS and it was a lovely message, we will miss you and shame the school had to loose such a talented teacher and dont worry we will follow you on your blog.
    good luck in the new school.

    Rohan & Rohans mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much! Best of luck in Y5 :)

    ReplyDelete